Right at this moment I am not going to Yarndale this year. Honestly I am not. I’m definitely not. I am not going to get Simon out of bed at 5am on Sunday morning and say ‘well, why don’t we …’ … for sure. 100%. I love Yarndale but this year I don’t think I’d do it justice. I’m between two of the biggest shows of the year for us, with the Ally Pally steaming towards us and samples still not finished so a whole Sunday of knitting really is necessary (and hardly a hardship! ; )). I could go to just see everyone but as it’s the busiest show of the year, I’d only be taking up space! : )
However, just because I’m not going, doesn’t mean I don’t have a shopping list! These are all the lovelies I'd like to *see* (leave with!) this year : )
1. Buttons from An Caitin Beag… although I am getting a set at The Knitting & Stitching Show so I’ll have these anyway!
2. Brush Works yarn from Blacker Yarns. I have their other birthday yarns so it would be wrong not to at least see this ; )
3. Brand new wool socks from Baa Ram Ewe. Every now and again it's nice to have a ready made pair and where better to get them than from BRE?
4. Almadine, Citrine & Quartz, three of the six new colours in Coop Knits Socks Yeah ... mostly to see them as I will have them in the shop as soon as is possible!
5. New felt kits from Carol at Felt Creative ... I need more felting!
6. Owl stitch markers from For the Love of Yarn (and I might try to steal her smallies!)
7. The chunky yarn I didn’t buy at the British Wool show and deeply regret not buying from Gam Farm Rare Breeds
8. A copy of the Latvian book of mittens from Hobbywool, although I may (will for sure) get this at The Ally Pally! I need it in my life!
9 . A skein of yarn from Home Farm Wensleydales – I have been promising myself a skein of their yarn forever and it’s time
10. Marie Wallin's new book ... *and three extra knitting days a week*
11. Fleece from Porpoise Fur now that I have a drop spindle
12. The purple version of Starry Nights from Riverknits
13. Sue Stratford's new elephant knitting pattern ... I need more creatures!
14. One of the new bangle kits from The Knitting Gift Shop
15. New Yorkshire yarn from The Knitting Goddess ... this is one of the reasons I really really want to go ... it's so hard to resist ... but I'll be beside Joy and Bobbie at Knit for Peace in November ... and it's not that far away
16. Verity's new crochet book (Truly Hooked) ... I know I can't crochet but it looks just so nice!
17. Squishy from Fig Tree Yarns ... it's time, it really is time
And that's just my shortlist and from folk I know best ... Yarndale is always full of not seen before awesomeness as well ... We'll see how I do on Sunday morning ... I think the only way I'll manage is to cast on the Oa by Kate Davies ... otherwise, see you Sunday ; )