Can you: cast on & off, knit and purl, increase and descrease and knit in rows and in the round? Well, with just these skills you’ll be able to make each one of the six pieces in Kate’s brand new book Bold Beginners.
Kate Davies was inspired to create Bold Beginner Knits for friend and bold beginner knitter, Jane Hunter. Each pattern was specifically created by Kate to introduce Jane to useful new techniques and different construction methods by knitting interesting designs that in no sense resemble beginner pieces. Unfamiliar techniques are introduced with links to relevant video tutorials, and from the straightforward pattern-writing style to the visual page layout, every element of Bold Beginner Knits is designed to be clear and easy to follow.
• A colourful modular blanket
• A top-down cardigan
• A bottom-up yoke pullover
• A garment knitted from side-to-side
• A lace-patterned triangular shawl
• A simple beanie (which demonstrates the usefulness of circular swatching)