This beautiful colourway from Abby at Orchidean Luxury Yarns is exclusive to Knit School!
Dyed on this gorgeous blend of merino, silk and yak 4ply weight base, this yarn has a beautiful shine! Much darker than an ecru base, this yarn absorbs colours beautifully to give a rich and deep result. It is also unbelievably soft.
- Yarn weight: 4ply/fingering
- Skein weight: 100g
- Length: 366metres per 100g skein
- Composition: 60% superwash merino, 20% mulberry silk, 20% yak
A few things to bear in mind when using hand-dyed yarn:
- No two skeins are ever the same, even if they have been dyed in the same pot. If consistency is important I strongly recommend you knit with two skeins and alternate every other row, particularly on larger projects.
- Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure colour-fastness, there is a chance that some residual dye may remain (this is normal – think jeans…) I suggest hand washing all garments in cool water prior to being worn and keep bright colours separate.
- It is not possible to work directly from a skein/hank. It must be wound into a ball before use, or will get into a terrible tangle.